Monday, January 26

Quarrels wouldn't last so long if only one side was wrong.

happy birthday camille! seventeen. you're getting old, old friend. *laughs*

she mentioned to me that she didnt feel like it was her birthday. seemed as if it was any other day. to me, it was just a regular day. but everytime it crossed my mind that my best friend was born today, the sky seemed different. like it was smiling, maybe.

i dont think i'll ever get used to waking up early. haha. this morning i remember my alarm going off one minute, and my fist slamming down on it the next. the thought of playing hooky so i could continue to keep my body tucked under the covers and my head cushioned on my pillow crossed my mind. hardly the first time that had happened. sometimes desire overpowers reason. but today, reason won.

dress tech rehearsal for sulyap lahi. bleah. i dont understand why assumption insists on putting us though this whole ordeal. the only good thing i find coming out of it is no class or homework for two weeks. today, we were mostly just bumming around. snacks were on camille today. after the rehearsal we had a few hours free. camille, maecy, therese, bea, loren, alex, and i settled down on the steps in front of the auditorium. we were making quite a bit of a ruckus. issa soon found us by tracing the noise. she had a book with her. most of the time, she just leaned her head on my shoulder and read. once in a while, she would listen in on our inane ramblings and laugh at our silly jokes. she'd also react to something she had just read every now and then and her very loud outbursts would cause us to jump and stop, then laugh and return to rambling.

i'm at odds again with my brother. well, not really. there's no friction between us. if fact its just the opposite - its....cold.

i didnt mind it much at first. whenever he talks to me, its usually to scold me anyway. over petty little things - everything and nothing. sometimes it feels like he jugdes all my actions. i hated it. it was like someone was constantly breathing down my neck. i was glad for the relief. but now i actually miss him and his lectures on life, the only lectures of his i apprecitate - the cynical insight of an older brother. sometimes i feel that for every five minutes spend listening to him, i learn five times more than what i get out of five hours in a classroom at school.

it occurs to me that he knows me a lot better than i give him credit for too. sometimes i feel like he can see through all the layers around me. ...and nowadays, there arent too many who i can say that of.