Wednesday, February 18

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you recognise a mistake when you make it again.

swimming today. the water was so cold. i liked it though. all the drills really got me tired - freestyle, backstoke, breaststroke (consecutively!). but it felt good. i could feel my blood pumping through my veins... i felt.... alive. but the most fun part was acutally in the shower room. me, alex and camillle got into a kickboard fight. sorta like a pillow fight... only with kickboards. while we were showering, we were shouting at each other over the walls of our stalls. a friend of ours (whose-name-i-wont-mention) sat outside the row of stalls too, chatting with us. we couldnt stop laughing. we hung around there for a while after, watching the water. i had the sudden urge to push my friends into the pool and jump in after them. if we were anywhere else, i probably would have done it.

we headed back to the HS building. i bumped into sop and lalaine. we chatted for a while, before sop had to leave for a meeting (which she ultimately never got to attend anyway, hehe), and before the bell forced me and lalaine to part ways.

lunch break. camille and i went ahead to the caf. therese and joanne joined us there from lab class. they gave word that sop and lalaine were looking for me. we always take long to eat (mostly coz camille always goes back for seconds...and thirds...and fourths...), so by the time we got back to the HS bldg i barely had enough time to run up to the fourth year. i did anyway. when i showed up at their door, lalaine charged out and strangled me. and i dont even know what the heck for.
sop: wait, dont you have class?
me: *in a so-what-if-do tone* yeah.
sop: may i remind you that the fourth year is always late.
me: *waves, then dashes off like a maniac*

on the way up to the fourth floor, i cut off sir wes (who just happened to be our next teacher). least i knew i wasnt gonna be late.

sometime during chemistry, i got tired of watching sir wes put all these equations on the board. my gaze turned outside the window. it was drizzling. i noticed a flock of birds flying about in front of the auditorium. they werent the ordinary little brown birds you see around in school... these were different with a darker color, maybe black or dark blue. i think they might have been swallows, judging by their tails, but i'm not sure. i felt like i could watch then fly for hours. and through the window, the wind blew cold and crisp. i love the way the wind blows through my hair. its one of the reasons why i prefer my hair short (i always keep it tied back when its long). hehe. then a thought suddenly occured to me. since Wind's touch is usually cool, i wondered how it would feel to have someone's warm hand run through my hair. one day, i'd like to find out.

but anyway... its just a thought.