Tuesday, March 23

How can the world want me to change
They're the ones that stay the same
-John Rzeznik


happy birthday dad! (ehe, its a bit late, i forgot to put it in the other day. but hey, at least i remember my own age, unlike you! hahahahaha)

saturday night we were at music museum in greenhills, where dad's show is being staged. there was gonna be a party after the performance. mom and i arrived early, so dad brought us in to the theater, and we got to sit up in the booth where all the technical stuff is. after a while i got thirsty though. so i asked mom for some cash and headed out to the lobby outside. i sat down at the bar, with just a glass of sprite to keep my company. it was cold. i pulled my reversible tighter around me and i was watched the bubbles of fizz float around in my drink.

after that, a fellow bleeding heart texted. she was being made to suffer by those who were supposed to care for her.
me: where are you?
her: dont even try.
i really wanted to go over to where she and strangle her tormentors though. she really doesnt deserve the pain.

the party started. although i wouldve been quite comfortable staying where i was, it was hard not to have to... socialize. it was my dad's party after all... so i mingled with the guests. they were his cast and crew, producers and some friends. i knew most of them already, from some time or another. there was a buffet of bbq chicken, pasta, pork rolls, and chiken liver wrapped in bacon. there were also bags of chips going around, along with red wine and punch with rhum, and pastries for dessert. couple of hours passed and i got tired of the all the hubub, so i withdrew to a corner of the room. i sat down on a low ledge, twirling my punch glass in my hand. through half-closed eyelids i watched those around me, listening to the music playing over the speakers. i stayed like that till chad arrived and ruffled my hair. i growled and punched at him playfully, then followed him back into the crowd. conversations got interesting.

tita mitch valdez: *comes out of the dressing room* so where's my beer!? its good to reward yourself every once in a while.

tita leah navarro: hoy, mabait si direk samin!
tita pressy: oo nga! himala nga eh!
tita leah: y'know the most violent thing he did? "nanette! ...SSHHH!"
*everyone laughs*

you see, my dad was known for getting rather violent when frustrated. he's thrown coca-cola bottles at tita kuh ledesma, and chairs at tita celeste lagaspi, and pens at his sixth grade teacher.

tita leah: i'm so tired...when i get home i'm gonna sit down at my computer and play Morrowind!
me: ...you play Morrowind?
tita leah: yeah! isnt it just great? it can go on and on...
chad: uh huh... Migs plays it.
tita leah: its my favorite! and Diablo II! oh, and after i finish the game i look for cheats and more fun!
me and chad: O_o

so cool, a 40-yr-old gamer girl.

and here's a story of what happened at the beggining of the show. the previous night, there had been so many in the audience texting throughout the whole show, so that night...
dad (over the mic): we will not start the performance until all cellphones have been turned off.
*most turn off their cellphones*
dad (after a couple of minutes): i repeat, we will not start the performance until all cellphones have been turned off.
*more turn off their phones*
dad (after another couple of minutes): once more, we will not start the performance until ALL cellphones have been turned off.
*all but two women turn off their phones*
dad: will the lady in the fifth row, orchestra centre PLEASE TURN OFF HER PHONE! ?
*SPOTLIGHT on the woman. she quickly hides her cell*
dad: AND THE LADY IN THE SECOND ROW TOO!

*SPOTLIGHT*

the next day, we went to good earth in the fort for a more private celebration.
*my brothers and i enter the restaurant*
head waiter: table for how many, sir?
chad: for five please.
head waiter: five? do you have a reservation?
me: um...no...
head waiter: we're rather full right now...
miggy: uh oh.
*enter dad and mom*
head waiter: direk! kamusta na po kayo?
dad: ayos lang naman. 

head waiter: lets find you a table!
me, chad, miggy: O_o


ehehe. life with dad is tiring and never boring.