Saturday, April 17

Save me from the nightmare I've become
-Evanescence


i'm torn. my mom is starting to seriously consider the prospect of me studying here in the states for college. we've gone as far as to take a campus tour of georgetown university. its her philosophy that the only thing she can really leave me is a good education. there's no such thing as inheritance. she learned from her own parents, who sacrificed a lot just to put her and her brother and sister through good schooling. and my brothers' have also been pestering her, because they feel like they got really educations, and they feel i've been cheated because they think i havent gotten that chance. miggy studied in regis (he actually didnt live with us in jordan). chad studied in IS in jordan and in the philippines. when they both got into ateneo for college, they were disappointed and bored. dad also hinted to mom that she find a job here in the states and take me along with her. which is basically his way of saying he's also open to the idea. me, i'm not sure what to make of all this.

we had planned to go to the spy museum today, but tickets were sold out. so we ended in the smithsonian instead, in the museum of natural history. what did we see?
the skeleton of the t-rex
mom: boy, am i glad he's extinct.
the skeleton of an ancient whale
me: i think that thing's scarier than the t-rex...
the jaws of a great white shark
me: ... kasyang kasya ako dyan ah.
the hope diamond
me: lets see, i'll need a grapling hook, a glasscutter...
the display of a python
a mother to her daughter: that thing could eat you for breakfast and still be hungry!
the cockroach colony
me: O_o
mom: O_o
tita malaine: O_o


on a final note -
tears make papercuts sting.