Sunday, May 2

I've got to make this life make sense
Can anyone do what I've done
I missed life
I missed the colours of the world
Can anyone go where I am
-Three Doors Down


monday
it was one in the morning, and i stepped into the house. kaiser leaned against my leg and dad trapped me in a death hug. chad ruffed my hair and migs nodded at me.
we sat around the table for a couple of hours, going through the pasalubong, emptying out what was left in the fridge, laughing over experiences from the past four weeks. till drowsiness finally began to tug at our eyelids.
i hadnt slept in my own bed for a month. and when i crashed down on it, i knew i was really home.

*****

tuesday
sleepovers rock!
i invited sop, lalaine and cel to spend the night at my place.

that morning, my dad had me running around the house doing stuff.
me: why me?!
dad: *raises eyebrow* because.
me: you can be mean, y'know that?
dad: *pulls me into his grip* i know. *smiles*
me: hn. *smiles back*

by lunchtime, i was pretty tired, and it didnt help that i was still suffering from jet lag. after eating i went upstairs to lie down. before i knew it i had dozed off. and the next moment, susan was shaking me awake.
susan: bog, andito na mga bisita mo...
me: *groans* *blinks* crap! *dashes out of the room*

on the way down, i saw pia on the couch. messed up her hair a bit, then went to the door.
lalaine: namamasko po! mukhang maganda itong bahay niyo ah, pwedeng makitira?
me: rar! *gives lalaine a noogie*

then i led them up to my room. we went through my pictures and albums, did a few icebreaker questions for the heck of it, rumaged through the contents of lalaine's cellphone. mostly just talked and laughed. after a while, i brought them down for a snack, then back up to watch movies - my sassy girl (i have to admit fate's a genius...), how to lose a guy in ten days (*coughs - bastard*), bring it on again (*coughs - bitch*), kill bill (brought out the saddist in me, nyahahahahahahahaha!), the italian job (hackers rawk!). somewhere between that we had dinner. and mom even brought up midnight snacks for us.
cel: *puts one too many wasabi nuts in her mouth* mmph... *fans self with hand*
it was dawn. and we headed down to the guestroom to sleep. lalaine lay down on the mattress on the floor. i rolled off the bed and dropped onto her. then i rolled over her. then i rolled over her again. i could hear the maids moving about in the kitchen already by the time sleep overcame me. i woke up a little later, and realized cel was still in the armchair beside the bed. i sent her to bed, then settled back down myself.
i woke up less than a couple of hours later. the rest of them were asleep. i made my way out of the room. daphne was in the kitchen. i sat down at their little table there, and she put a bowl in front of me along with a box of cereal and a carton of milk. i ate. when i finished, i took kaiser out and played with him. after tiring him and myself out, i let him back in the house and returned to the room. and i just stood there for a while, letting the presence of my friends put me at ease.
one by one, they woke up. started talking. sometime after that, i went out, and had breakfast for cel prepared coz she was leaving earlier. we talked some more. then her car came to pick her up. we saw her off. a butterfly flew into the vehicle just as she closed the door.
we went back to the room, but it wasnt long before we were called to lunch. so we ate, had our fill, then played with the dog in the kitchen. after we figured we had given him enough attention, we left kaiser and returned to the room again. we just reclined on the matresses. i rolled over lalaine a couple of more times, and this time she decided to get back at me by piling the pillows and blankets on top of me, then promptly adding herself to the pile. lots of talking. lots of laughing. and by the time they left, my stomach was aching
later that afternoon, they had me join a four-way call with kyle. at around 5pm, dad had to use the phone, so i hung up on them and climbed into bed. i didnt wake up till three the next morning.

*****

saturday
it was noon. i arrived at pink toes, camille's dance school. rung her phone. vince came out and had me come in. i sat down on the side between her two brothers. camille approached me, and i handed her a bag of fries and a coke. along with her pasalubong. she put them aside, then went back on to the dancefloor. she'd gotten better at ballet. after about half an hour, the ballet gave way to hiphop. most of the ballet dancers pulled on a couple of shirts, and papu and vince joined in. astig teacher nila! and i think he was gay. anyway, i continued watching them. si camille, ang siga. si papu, nabakla naman ata.
during breaks cam would hang around me, and we would joke around, and i'd end up getting slapped on the arms for teasing her. it hurt... but i had missed that, so i didnt mind.
after their lessons, papu drove us home. as we entered the house, camille cautioned me on something. i had my suspicions. even my mom had them. now they were confirmed. i just nodded, and we proceeded.
first agenda was, as usual, eat. then we watched vince play kingdom hearts on the ps2. i got a real kick outta seeing cloud and sephiroth from final fantasy VII in the game, hahaha. then evee arrived. we hung out in camille's room.
cam: *chatting away*
evee: you're room is very... pink.
(pause)
me: *laughs my head off*

therese arrived. the party was complete. ate anna put spaghetti and sweet bananas on the table. chow time again. then we settled down to watch pirates of the caribbean on cam's spiffy new tv. by the time that was over, dinner was ready.
me: *rambling on and on and on...*
therese: bea's back to spread her insanity.
me: i'm just making up for lost time. i had to somewhat restrain myself in the states.
evee: *picks up a mango* y'know, i'm allergic to mango...but anyway....*starts eating the mango*
me: (mock tone) oh god, evee! you're turing pink!
evee: hahaha! now we can use me as a decoration in camille's room!
*laughs*

after dinner, we made evee play the piano. nakapa nya ung my immortal. wow.
then evee's mom came around to fetch her. we went out to see her off, and i saw my own car driving up the street. so i ran back in to put on my shoes (i was barefoot again, hehehe) and snatch up my bag. said goodbye to the lot of them, then headed home.