Sunday, May 2

We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves
Somewhere we live inside
-Switchfoot


my arms were sore from the punishment she was giving me. i didnt care.

we hadnt done this in ages. i'd missed it. i missed seeing her laugh. i missed hearing her laugh. i missed feeling her hand on my shoulder as she laughed. and i missed laughing with her.

we were like kids again. growling at each other like we did in the second grade. she's one of those who has stuck with me the longest.


*****

she cried. at first i was just sitting beside her. then i hugged her.

why couldnt fate just leave her alone? she'd suffered so much already. i could feel myself shaking. i was angry. at fate for throwing all the pain at her. at myself for not being able stop the pain.

she was whispering. some of the words i couldnt hear. but i could... feel them. all the hurt they carried. i told her to dig her nails into my hand. i could feel her fingers tense... as if testing the surface of the water. she never did it.

*****

she lay beside me. i held her. buried my face in her hair. listened to her breathing. loved the feeling of her so close to me.

if i could capture any moment, it would've been that moment.

the moment i had an angel sleeping in my embrace. my angel.

if at that instant death chose walk through the door and claim me, i would've died happy. but i'm glad he didnt, coz i can look forward to it again.