Saturday, July 24

Tell me that we belong together
Dress it up with the trappings of love
I'll be captivated, I'll hang from your lips
Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above
-Edwin McCain


cam, lex and i changed our shirts, then we waited for an hour to be picked up, during which time we amused ourselves by playing with cam's whoopie cushion. kuya jonie finally arrived, and we were off to starbucks.

marcos was so friggin' jammed up. we were on the road for more than three hours. we wanted to pull our hair out in the car. when we were near enough to katipunan, we got out and walked the rest of the way. we came through the door of the cafe, damp and tired. but that didnt matter much when we spotted mike, lalaine and sop on the couch.

i slumped down beside them, relishing in the warmth of the coffee going down my throat and their company. cam and alex sat at the table working on slices of cake. after a number of laughs, we decided to go for dinner. treading through puddles, we made our way to pizza hut where we had our fill and more laughs.

i paid the bill, then we left for lalaine's house. she rode with mike, i took the others in my car. i was supposed to bring them home, but the traffic situation had hardly improved, if it had at all, so we made arrangements for them to just crash at my place. at the corner of lalaine's street, we said goodbye to mike, and took her the rest of the way. after seeing her home, we headed back to commonwealth.

it was past one in the morning. cam curled up on the wooden frame of the other bed. lex settled down on my bean bag. sop and i shared my bed.

sometime in the middle of the night, i heard lex fidgeting. i got up, went out, and brought back a couple of blankets. she muttered a soft "thank you" as i draped them over her and cam. then i crawled back into bed, pulling my own over me and sop.

i leaned against the gate as i saw them off the next the morning. i had decided that flash floods and very heavy traffic can produce some good results. there was a light shower raining down on me as a smile played across my lips.

i can lose myself in her presence.