Wednesday, August 25

Everybody asks me how she's doing
Has she really lost her mind?
I said, I couldn't tell you I've lost mine
-Dave Matthews


i was on katipunan when jo texted.
d'artagnan: eiyo! walang pasok today!
i let jubilant cry and told the driver to turn back.

when we reached the road outside our subdivision gate, traffic were hardly moving. we figured it was flooded ahead. no real surprise there. kuya jonie moved the car aside and parked in one of the lots in front of one of the many small commercial establishments lining holy spirit drive. he took an umbrella (which looked pretty useless, being so small) and went to assess the situation. he came back a little later to report that the car would never make it through until the water subsided. i was not going to just wait. the house wasnt far. we could walk though the flood. but i didnt want to in my uniform. i thought it would... draw too much attention. kuya jonie was in short and slippers. i told i told him to go to the house first, then bring me back my shorts and slippers. he did so. i changed and zipped up my jacket (since blouse plus shorts looks wierd). then leaving the car (along with my school stuff and skirt and shoes), we walked through the flood.

it was about knee deep at the edge. some kids were playing in the middle. and on both sides, cars flanked the water, waiting for it to go down. kuya and i were laughing as we made our way. we got passed the flood. before completing the short journey, i went into a store and bought some junk food. i figured i'd make the most of this holiday.

we reached home. flinging my jacket onto the bench on the porch, i headed for the laundry area. i took a shirt. it was wet. but that didnt matter, with what i was planning (bet you can guess). i changed out of my blouse, and headed back outside. i found mom had already beaten me to the yard. i went and stood beside her. the driveway was one huge puddle. i splashed around while she walked. both of us grinning. both of us tasting the rain. both of us getting kinda cold, but neither of us really caring.

when finally decided we'd had enough, we stepped back onto the porch. it was then i saw chad suddenly pop his head in the window, before he disappeared just as quickly, but not before shooting us a huge grin. my jaw dropped.
me: OH MY GOD!!! *clamps hand over my mouth*
mom: sshh! bakit ba?
me: chadcuthishair!!
mom: what?
me: CHAD CUT HIS HAIR!
mom: di nga?
chad: *reappears*
mom: whoa! whoa whoa whoa!
all of us: *laughing*
mom: may nakain ka ba? ano nangyari?
all of us: *continue laughing*


ahahaha. wafu ni kuya! :D