Sunday, August 15

Save my best behavior for a little later
'Cause I'm only 17


i walked into the restaurant and spotted lex sitting alone in the far corner. we hugged each other before i sat down opposite her. her dad showed up from somewhere, followed soon after by miks who had been outside smoking. then marga and their mom arrived. so far it was just me and their family sharing laughs.
lex: ang tagal nila!
me: text mo nga!
lex: *texts loren* san na kayo??
loren: *texts back* sa bahay ni phy. nagbibihis pa yung gunggong!
*texts me* kasama mo na ba si lex?
me: *texts back* yes! we're hungry! hurry up! kayo nalang hinihintay! hahaha!

after some time, loren, domn, phy and elmo got there.
loren: ang dami niyo! bea, gagi ka talaga!
cam, bea h, arra, plus jord and four of his friends completed our group. there was food good for thirty, and we were only half that number, so.... well, you can just imagine. but more than food, we got full on laughter.

me: you're old!
lex: ...old is such a strong word...
everyone: *laughs*

loren: yung bote ng yakult, katawan mo bea!
me: eh sayo, coke in can!
loren: wushu! sayo yung 2 litro na bote!
me: sige, sayo yung isang galon na absolute!
everyone: *laughs*
me: *holds up a spoon* eto katawan ni ****.
lex: bat ganyan?
me: its figurative. diba malaki ulo niya?
loren: tama tama!
domn: diyos ko, amoy nun...
me: *holds up the saucer of bagoong* eto?
lex: *smells it* *cringes* thats about right.
everyone: *laughs*


me: wait... the kare kare sauce is orange.
cam: its supposed to be, isnt it?
me: but look at it, its orange! as in ORANGE!
loren: citrus flavor?
everyone: *laughs*

other table: *singing happy birthday loudly*
us: *looks at each other* *sings an even louder happy birthday*
lex: *hides*

marga: *on her third glass of iced tea*
loren: showdown! *races to finish her glass*
both of them: *choke*
the rest of us: *laughs*

marga: *on her third cup of bukopandan gulaman*
loren: showdown ulit?
me: *takes up a cup* *puts in toyo, hot sauce, melted ice cream, karekare sauce, calamansi drops, bagoong, iced tea, ketchup* *place cup on loren's plate*
loren: *looks at me, then the cup, then me*
everyone: *laughs*



after dinner, we crossed C-5 and headed into eastwood. the girls played bowling, while boys played billiards, with the exception of elmo who stuck around phy, hehehe. after our game, we left the boys (coz they still had time left) and wandered around eastwood. we walked through different shops, just browsing.

i was first at the party and the first to leave. i waved back at them as i made my way down the street to the car. it had been a good night out.