Friday, June 17

Calvin: If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently.
Hobbes: How so?
Calvin: Well, when you look into infinity, you realize that there are more important things than what people do all day.
Hobbes: We spent OUR day looking under rocks in the creek.
Calvin: I meant OTHER people.


UP has way too many orientations for its own good. the students get bored. the few performances worth seeing: UP ethnic group (or whatever they're really called...), UP repertory (sa mga nakakakilala kay karla flores, isipin niyo sa sila'y isang grupo na puro karla flores. bongga!), UP sikat (galing nila gumaya ng mga kanta!).

saw a lot of familiar faces. some of my batchmates even hung out here at the house. they said this might become their second home, haha. they just have to get through kaiser and my brothers.

dad wont let me commute. thus, i think i've already been branded as the "rich kid" in my bloc. i'm glad i have cousins to sympathize with. monica once told me her dad picked her up in mama belen's brand new alpha romeo. she had turned red. speaking of my blocmates... well, they're ok. still need to get to know them more. miss my 'blocmates' from assumption a lot.

i'm pretty happy with my classes. so far my prof's havent proven themselves dislikable.
math: nothing special. its the one class i really shouldnt flunk. young female prof, she keeps us on our toes.
english: looks like she'll be throwing us a lot of work. kinda on the old boring side... but hopefully she can teach well.
portuguese: first thing she asked was "why portuguse?". most answers were along the line of "ma'am, kasi po, naubusan kami ng slots sa spanish." and mine had to be "uh... coz my family lived in brazil before i was born, and they spoke portuguese, and i though i'd bring myself into the loop."
social science: prof reminds me of ms gaye. looks like it'll be my easiest class. haha.
anthropology: my only subject with a male prof. he rocks. really, he does. i'm going to enjoy this class. i have to run up to the fourth floor every time though.