Wednesday, June 1

Our name is too hard for the world anyway.
-Me


i've been getting sick a lot the past weeks, but its been a long time since i've had a fever this high. it alarmed mom and she confined me to my room. she spent time with me in there, talking to me, or reading. she even had meals brought to me in bed. i was a baby again.

i remember when i couldnt swallow pills yet... mom would hide them in a banana, or crush them and mix them into my juice or milk so i could take the medicine.  i remembered getting several injections of iron just so i could get through the week without fainting.

i remembered dad playing with snoopy and me. i remembered chad sitting through movies with me. i remembered migs watching over me at night. i remembered mom feeding me soup and singing me lullabies.

and i smiled as i listened to the rain while turning over the pages of a book.